Click for Olean, New York Forecast

Google

Friday, September 16, 2005

Steel drums to hit Olean

I think this sounds fabulous. I love this type of music. Anyone else?

Kali McDae, the drum's creator noted "Olean, NY needs a little spice and think I have just the solution. I propose that the community of Olean help in this project as much as possible. I would like to use my knowledge of steelpan and do something useful for the city. A steelband would be the perfect alternative for activities in which the young people of Olean can engage. Steelbands are popping up in school systems all over the country and I don't see why Olean should be left out. I propose that with the help of the community we give Olean a steelband, I and my team of builders would be responsible for the construction of the drums but we need support as far as a facility to do the building and house the drums. I've been in contact with Nate Smith of Olean's Worth W Smith and he has been very generous in helping me out with 55 gallon oil barrels and tools to build the pans. Now a year later I would like to take this to another level and involve as much of the community as possible. Anyone who would like to donate tools such as new or used sledge hammers please contact me, there is no tool that will be turned down."

Read the article here:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google